Southbank Institute of Technology provides a range of programs for people wanting to start out, or for professionals already working in the fitness, sport or beauty industries.
We provide practical, skills-based training programs and courses so you know you're ready to hit the ground running in your chosen area as soon as you graduate.
Our programs can lead you to a number of exciting careers or expand on your existing skills to develop specialisations, including:
- Personal trainer
- Beauty or spa therapist
- Sports administration officer
- Gym instructor
- Sport and recreation officer
- Group exercise instructor
- Aqua instructor
- Community recreation officer
- Fitness trainer
- Sports coach
Fitness and sport
Our fitness qualifications are industry accredited and after graduating you can register with Fitness Australia. We also offer short courses that are recognised for Continuing Education Credits (CECs), counting towards professional development for re-registration. Our Health and Fitness Centre has a fully equipped gym, along with a group fitness studio that is open to members so you're gaining knowledge and skills in a fully working environment.
Fitness and sport related programs now available:
- Diploma of Fitness
- Diploma of Sport – Development
- Diploma of Management / Diploma of Sport and Recreation
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Sport (Coaching)
- Certificate III in Fitness.
Fitness short courses accredited for CECs:
- Children Trainer specialisation (7 CECs)
- Pilates Matwork Instruction (15 CECs)
- Adult Trainer specialisation (7 CECs)
- Aqua Instruction (7 CECs)
- Personal training (7 CECs).
Our beauty and spa therapy students gain skills treating real clients in the Southbank Institute Skin and Body Spa. Combined with learning from teachers who have industry experience our graduates really are work-ready.
Beauty and spa programs available:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy.
Shape your career. For more information, visit www.southbank.edu.au or call 13 72 48.